I just spent an hour and a half writing an introductory page and right as I pushed save, my computer crashed. So here I am, sad and rewriting everything. I think that whole situation is a great metaphor for my entire existence.
Well, alright then. I’d say that the chances of anyone reading this right now are virtually nonexistent, but just in case I’m wrong, hi! How are you doing? Hopefully better than I am.
I guess I’ll just start off this blog by talking about myself (haha narcissism, am i right?), my reasons for doing this, and the topics I expect to talk about.
First off, let me just say that I am doing this for me. My reasons for starting a blog, lengthy as they may be, do not include trying to impress anyone. I’d say my number one reason for creating this blog is to get better at writing and expressing my ideas. I am a very internalized person; my thoughts and views are very frequently difficult for me to convey. I have a problem with communicating my opinions & ideas in ways that other people can understand, and I’m hoping that this blog can help me get better at it. I used to write all the time- everything from poems to short stories- but because of school, I got too busy to continue. I have a decent amount of free time this semester, so I thought it would be the perfect time to get back into writing.
I have also been experiencing a lot of psychological problems recently, and while I won’t go into detail about that, I have a feeling it’s being caused by bottling up my feelings and emotions. Writing is a way for me to get all of those emotions out in a way that I am comfortable doing, and hopefully it’ll help me overcome these challenges in my life. I am not the type of person that is comfortable with emotions (in fact, I am about as far from being comfortable with emotions as humanly possible), and expressing them in everyday life is difficult for me. I would like to get better at that, and I hope this blog will help me!
The topics I will talk about on this blog will range from art to feminism, health to movie reviews, spirituality to food, but will mostly consist of my opinions and entries about my daily life. I will talk about whatever is on my mind. My purpose is not to insult the beliefs or opinions of others; I will never belittle the viewpoints of other people (unless, of course, those viewpoints are hurtful, dehumanizing, or racist/sexist/etc).
Now, here’s a little about me:
- My name is Bailey. I am 18 years old, and I live in Florida. I can guarantee there will be plenty of times I talk about how much I hate living here.
- I am a cisgender female, meaning I identify with the sex I was born as.
- I love astrology!! It’s a beautiful language that just…makes sense to me.
- I am extremely sarcastic, and sometimes may border on cynical. I can’t help it, it’s just who I am.
- I’ve been a vegetarian since January 1, 2013, and a vegan since March 1, 2014. It’s a huge part of who I am, and as long as people are respectful of my decision to not eat animals, I will be respectful of theirs to do so.
- I am a spiritual person (not at all religious), working on becoming the best person that I can be.
- I am a film studies major with absolutely no idea where I’m going in life, which is both terrifying and exciting at the same time.